Sunday, August 16, 2009

Things to do in Hong Kong


I’ll be waking up at 4am later; which mean in less than 8 hours i’ll be on my way to Hong Kong! *excited*

Don’t know how many places i’ll be able to squeeze in this short 4 days trip but I’ll make the best out of it! I think my stay will mostly be filled with food and shopping. Patricia (my cousin who’s already there) told me i might want to bring my brolly along, it has been raining an awful lot these days.
Some research on the internet to get started:

Get Stuck into Stanley Market – Part of the fun of going to Stanley Market, believe it or not, is the bus ride through colorful neighborhoods, zig-zagging mountain roads, and views of Hong Kong’s beaches. Once at the market, you can find vendors selling cheap food, clothes, paintings, and other knick-knacks. A great experience all round.

Victoria Peak - Ascending this large peak is half the fun… if you plan on riding the Peak Tram (which climbs 373 meters to the top in eight minutes), that is! Once at the summit, walk along Harlech Road for spectacular views of central Hong Kong and Kowloon.

Dig into the Dim Sum - A great way to experience authentic Chinese cuisine without paying too much is to try Dim Sum. With Dim Sum, your waiter brings around a cart with several different dishes on it for you to pick and choose. Among the (invariable delicious) options are barbecued pork bun, crab dumpling, and spring roll.

[ Information taken from here. ]
Here is a (short) list of things i intend to look for when i get there:
  • Navy, black, white opaque stockings
  • Dresses
  • Hair accessories
  • A giant clutch
  • A surprise gift for Monsieur Champignon
  • Postcards
  • Cute shoes
  • Quirky necklaces
Actually i don’t really know what to expect there; and lately i haven’t got anything i really need or want (except for the opaque stockings). Guess I’ll just be shopping at random and buying whatever i fancy. But one thing I know I’ll be getting is a great experience and lots of photos.

I’m off to pack my bag! 再见!

No comments:

Post a Comment