Monday, September 28, 2009

District 9


Caught a movie yesterday with Travis and a new friend, Devin (the first openly bi-sexual guy I know!). The name wasn't catchy, and I was skeptical after finding out it involves aliens. Sci-fi films involving aliens are just not my kind of thing.

But you know what? I really enjoyed the movie. It was good and one of the better movies I've watched this year. (Not much to begin with, and funny all movies I liked this year involved aliens (Knowing) and were watched in BKK). I think the best part was, they made it like it was almost believable.

But this trailer here, is kind of making me dizzy with the continuous flashes of scene to black to scene. I am not going to spoil it for you, so go catch it yourself if you haven't.

I personally rate it 7 - 8 out of 10. Didn't like some parts because it was rather vague and didn't seem to make sense (I know, movies with aliens are not supposed to make sense anyway) And according to Devin, it seems like a subtle underline of the South Africa's apartheid. 

PS: And check out this cool viral site MNU Spreads Lies; seemingly to simulate a site written by the aliens (in some weird language which can be translated to English).

No comments:

Post a Comment