Thursday, December 17, 2009

Basilico


Had "team lunch" with my colleagues at Basilico, an Italian-style buffet @Regent Hotel. The spread was great, I like everything I had there! (Pardon the quality of the photos, it was taken by my camera phone)


My very first squid-ink pasta; cooked in what else but Aglio Olio style. Your choice of pasta and base will be cooked right on the spot by the chef present. I was skeptical about eating anything black but it was really yummy! Hard to describe the exact taste; but if I had to, it was subtle and kind of sweet (maybe the strong smell of garlic masked the real squid-ink taste).


Look at the delectable cheese spread! I had mozzarella + slices of tomatoes, sprinkled with olive oil by a charming Italian chef. Please sprinkle vinegar too! (I didn't and it was almost tasteless)






There was even gelato! I had pink guava gelato, an abundance of M&Ms topped with a single marshmallow. The gelato is a tad too watery for my liking though, otherwise it would have been perfect.

And I've decided that I want to get Panasonic LX3 camera; it seems to be the best within my budget and needs (has to be compact) and friends using said it seems to be a good point-and-shoot camera. Sounds perfect for me! It shall be my X'mas present to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment