Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bangkok Day 1

Meet my row mates (on the plane) - Mark and Duncan, the dudes from England. They were in Singapore for a 1 day stopover. I started a conversation with them when they were frantically flipping through some guidebook of Thailand and looking really lost. Turns out, Mark (the chubbier one) is a plumber, and Duncan is a Product Industrial Design fresh graduate (who made some of the props on Sherlock Holmes!) and they are childhood friends who've decided travel Asia together.

We shared a cab back to the area where I'll be staying and I helped them get a room. They have no plan or schedule for their entire trip, no clue where to go and no idea what there is to do. That's what I call spontaneity (or craziness).
Of course, I had to meet up with the gang and eat my favourite Gai-tot gratiam leh kai-dao (Fried chicken with garlic and egg). Everyone was reallllly hungry because I made them wait for Mathias to go eat together. His class ends at 8.30pm and by the time he made his way back, it was 9pm. That was also our first meeting since I landed.

Photos taken with my Panasonic Lumix 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment