Monday, March 08, 2010

Food!

Watami 
ION Orchard #B3-23 // Orchard MRT
Met up with Charlotte dear for my belated birthday dinner treat! We decided on Japanese restaurant Watami despite the long queue on a Thursday night (around 8pm) + I always think long queue = good food, no? And indeed the wait was well worth the while as the food was good as well as reasonably priced. Only thing I didn't like too much was that the beef /chicken we had was too fatty!

Prego  
Level 1, Fairmont Singapore // Raffles MRT
My wonderful colleagues, Laurel, Meowzhi and Detong brought me to Prego for my belated lunch treat. I only found out about this Italian restaurant late last year, but it has since become one of my favourite pasta places ever. The standard of food is consistently good and portions served generously (almost good for 2); but it costs quite abit more than your average restaurant, with prices (for pastas) starting at S$26, excluding GST.

Brewerkz  
30 Merchant Road, #01-05/06, Riverside Point // Clark Quay MRT
It was my first time at award-winning microbrewery Brewerkz. I was there for a get-together with Samantha and CH, ex-colleagues from MediaCorp Tv12 who has since moved on as well. Well, even after taking a sip of their signature on-site handcrafted premium beer, I still did not change my mind about not liking beer. I really enjoyed the food though, especially that leafy plate of greens! Yums!

The Hand Burger 
Raffles City Shopping Center, #B1- 77/78 // Raffles MRT
313@ Somerset, #B2 - 17/18/19 // Somerset MRT
Tried The Hand Burger to see what the hype was all about. Food was not bad; I like their fries and the buns are tasty, but I find prices a little steep for burgers.

Domani
Ngee Ann City, #B2-37 // Orchard MRT
Another one of my favourite pasta places, Domani has been around (but in a different name) for more than a decade now! I always have their Carbonara; it's one of those which you can finish up and not have that horrible bloated feeling after (if you know what I mean).

I LOVE PASTA (and I'll be cooking some tonight)!

No comments:

Post a Comment