Thursday, July 08, 2010

I Like MacRitchie Reservoir (Kind Of)

On a fateful morning of 3rd July, I woke up at dawn feeling pretty excited about my trip to MacRitchie Reservoir with the boys, Desmond and Matt. It will be a first-time trip for all 3 of us!

By the time we gathered at Marymount, it was drizzling a little but we decided to go ahead as planned anyway. And according to Matt, "the internet says no rain until late noon". Well, the internet was WRONG and the rain got heavier. For the first 5km, both Matt and I had our umbrellas out and Desmond, his poncho. I admit, I whined through the 10km (or more) trial. Walking in mud, puddles, uneven ground, uphill, in the rain with shoes that are falling apart + soaked socks is just not my thing.

The 2nd part of the trial after the HSBC Treetop Walk was more enjoyable because the rain stopped and we were able to savor the nature (Yo!). We got the view the canopy (main reason why we were there in the first place - Desmond wanted to view the canopy), walked up LOTS of stairs and Desmond and Matt stood at a certain spot for a long time, staring up monkeys' asses while I try to take photos of dragonflies who cannot be bothered by my presence!

By the end of the 4.5 hours journey, I felt a sense of achievement but secretly promise myself this will probably be the last time I go on a 10km hike in the rain with lousy shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment